Laura’s first book, Still Becoming: Hope, Help, and Healing for the Diet-Weary Soul included a brief section on growing older.
The positive response from readers to that small section, planted a seed in her heart to create content that helps women embrace God’s grace physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually in midlife and beyond. Studies indicate that the most productive years in life are between ages 50 and 80, yet many women wrongly believe their best years are behind them. This is not supported by statistics, and more importantly, it goes against the Word of God.
Join Laura as she gets real about our fears surrounding “what’s next.” You will be encouraged to look forward with hope and gain a deep understanding that it’s never too late to discover who God created you to be!
In this grace-filled but honest message, women will reminded:
- There is no expiration date to her calling.
- She was intentionally born in this generation to serve God in the here and now.
- Becoming irrelevant is a choice.
- The advantages and blessings of her current stage of life.
- As long as she is breathing there is a place for her in God’s plan.
- Loss is inevitable, and grieving is part of God’s careful design for us.
- Older women are to teach and train the younger women (Titus 2).
- This is no time for women who have walked faithfully with God over the long road to check out!
- Her voice, wisdom, and experience are needed more than ever.
[One or Two 50-minute sessions] While this message is for women in midlife and beyond, it is suitable for groups of various ages and stages. We are all facing growing older!